I love the summer. My body craves sunshine, blue skies, and the beach. After an especially brutal New York City winter, I am beyond happy that summer is just about here. Whenever summer rolls around, I start making lists of all of the awesome things I want to do before the weather turns cold again. Let’s hope in Summer 2014 the days are long, the weather is warm, and the skies are sunny for many days ahead.
I will continue to be on the lookout for gluten-free grub throughout the summer both at home in New York City as well as on the road. My summer travel plans include two trips to Portland, Oregon and a trip to Ontario, Canada in August. New York City has so much to offer in the summer months, that I am excited to try it all. If only the Memorial Day to Labor Day weekends could last forever!!!
Here is my Gluten-Free Globetrotter Summer Bucket List for 2014.
- Visit as many of the New York City street fairs and markets as possible, eating gluten-free at each stop along the way!
- Try stand-up paddleboarding (SUP).
- Do outdoor yoga at my favorite NYC park Gantry Plaza State Park
- Host a gluten-free picnic in Central Park. All are welcome!
- Dine at the award-winning, gluten-free friendly, and Michelin-star rated Del Posto in New York City. (✓✓✓CHECK✓✓✓ Dined at Del Posto on May 30)
- Swing in a hammock on Governor’s Island.
- Connect with gluten-free bloggers in London, Ontario, Canada.
- Watch the 2014 FIFA World Cup while sipping on gluten-free beer and dreaming of a trip to Brazil at an outdoor beer garden. (They had Green’s last summer!)
- Plan my October 2014 trip to South America… or is it Central America… or maybe Europe again?! Ack, so many places to choose from, so little vacation time!
- Relaunch this website and make some exciting announcements about the future of Gluten-Free Globetrotter. STAY TUNED!!
What’s on your Gluten-Free Globetrotter Summer Bucket List? Are you traveling to anywhere exciting? Who is coming to New York City this summer? Add your comments below!